WATER HEATER REPAIR & REPLACEMENT
SPRING , TX
SPRING , TX
By The Book Plumbing carries Bradford White water heaters with several warranty options for the labor, parts and the water tank. Our standard water heater installation includes a new easy to turn, long lasting brass water shut off valve, copper water connections, flexible gas connection, and haul away of the previous unit. Our standard warranty on labor is for 2 years, with additional options for 6 and 10 years.
Water Heater Experts Service Spring, TX
There are quite a few options for tank-style Water Heaters that plumbers can choose from, but it was an easy choice to pick Bradford White. We prefer to support Bradford White because they manufacture their products in America, have a 24/7 Call Support Center, and their repair parts are available at mostly any Plumbing Supply Center. Our standard water heater installation includes a new, easy to turn, long lasting brass water shut off valve, copper water connections, flexible gas connection with sediment trap, and haul away of the previous unit.
Water Heater Repair Northwest Houston
Most of the homes in our Service Area have their Water Heater located inside the attic. This is not an optimal location as it does make it more costly to replace when it does go out, leaks can escape the pan and damage sheetrock, and our hot climates can frequently make the Pilot Light go out during the intense Texas Summer heat. Some customers may prefer to go with a Tankless Water Heater solution as this eliminates the storage tank in the attic, handles the Attic Temperature better during the summer months, and is able to provide an endless amount of hot water. We have found that Rinnai offers a sturdy, well-built product that is capable of meeting our customers needs.
How Much Does Water Heater Replacement Cost?
One of the most common questions we receive is “How much will it cost to replace my water heater?” The answer is…Well, it depends! For example, a home that was built in the 70’s outside a city code jurisdiction may have had their Water Heater installed with an improperly sized Relief or Drain Pan line, their exhaust vent made out of a cheaper single wall material instead of double wall, or located in such a position that makes it physically more dangerous to remove because there is not a walkway to the unit. Additionally, some of our customers live within a city’s jurisdiction that requires a permit and inspection in order to replace their unit. It is because of these reasons that our company does not charge a service fee to visit your home during regular business hours to provide a personalized quote. Call now to schedule a technician.
Needing a water heater installed?
Five Best Reasons Why Bradford White Is The Best Water Heater Inside An Attic
- The single best reason to install a Bradford White gas water heater instead of one purchased from a home improvement store is that the White Rodgers control valve is better for our attic temperatures than the Honeywell gas valves are! Bradford White still sells Water Heaters with the White Rodgers valve as it has been reliably used for decades, it is simple to repair or replace,
and parts are still easily available at local supply houses. It has been our experience that these brass-lined gas valves will work much more reliably in an attic than the newer Honeywell GasControl valves. The Honeywell Gas Control valves have a motherboard that helps regulate the temperature of the flame for the water heater. Keeping one of these motherboards in an attic that can easily exceed over 150 F can wear those units down and cause the motherboard to prematurely fail. In other areas of the country where the heater may be installed in a basement or a ventilated garage space, it’s not so much of an issue.
- Bradford White water heaters do not require annual cleaning of air filter vents. When water heaters are installed inside the attic, the dust from insulation in the attic can begin to choke out the air flow and cause the pilot light to go out. Bradford White heaters are built to withstand the harsh summer heat conditions inside of our attics.
- Vitraglas Lining: The tanks of Bradford White water heaters are glass lined with Vitraglas. Vitraglas is a material that is sprayed on the inside of the tanks and help protect the metal part of the water heater tank from failing prematurely. This lining resists corrosion, is long lasting, and lengthens the lifespan of the water heater. read more here
- Brass drain valve: Many people don’t know that the drain valve is the weakest point of a water heater. Most water heaters sold by home improvement stores have a drain valve that is made from plastic which can burst apart over time. When you think about it, why on earth would a manufacturer install a plastic drain on the bottom of the water heater which constantly heats up every day? The brass drain valves from Bradford White operate by turning a flat head screwdriver on the opening to control the water flow. These openings are more reliable than the plastic valves which can sometimes get stuck in the open position.
- Magnesium Anode Rod: The two most common Anode Rod materials are Magnesium or Aluminum. Aluminum is not an ideal material as when the Anode Rod breaks down, it can break apart and become sludge on the bottom of the water heater. This sludge can also cause a popping sound when the gas water heater kicks on and begins heating up the bottom of the water heater. In addition, it is not uncommon for the sludge to drift out through the hot water outlet
Convinced? Give By The Book Plumbing a call today for a customized quote!
Professional, timely, and excellent communication! My shower drain was clogging up frequently. James came out and was able to find the problem....nails! Apparently the builders allowed nails to go down the drain and did not take them out. He was able to remove them all and my drain has worked perfectly since. Will definitely use again!
James did a great job in diagnosing and fixing my garbage disposal. A definite A+ in reliability and honesty! I would definitely recommend his services.
Had the opportunity for James to work in my home on a couple of projects. I was upgrading my bathroom when the tile installer was unable to install the toilet. James came in and not only installed one but suggested I get a taller one with a more efficient water consumption. My shower head was old and stained he brought in a new shower head that is beautiful and completed my new look. He was quick courteous and professional. I can enjoy my bath area and can say to James, job well done!
Awesome guy and great service! He got us fixed under budget and on a Saturday. He was on time, knowledgeable, and professional. We definitely will use him in the future. If any one needs a great plumber give James a call.